07 Feb SPMS achieves CHAS certification
SPMS Wales are proud to announce that we have achieved CHAS certification and are a fully authorised CHAS certified contractor.
What is CHAS?
CHAS is established as the market leader for health and safety pre-qualification in the UK.
What are the benefits of CHAS?
Participating in the CHAS scheme helps both suppliers and buyers.
- Suppliers show compliance with important parts of health and safety law (the core criteria described in the CDM regulations).
- On achieving compliance a supplier is approved to work for all of CHAS’ buyers.(Some Buyers may require “Accredited” Status)
- Inconsistencies are reduced where some suppliers may be judged compliant by one buyer but not another.
- CHAS gives guidance on any weaknesses in a supplier’s safety management, including how they can improve.
- Being a CHAS supplier or buyer saves both time and resources
Is CHAS audited?
CHAS is also audited annually by the UKAS accredited certification body BM TRADA Certification to both the ISO9001 and ISO14001 standards, thus ensuring their quality and environmental management systems continue to deliver a high quality service and operate in an environmentally friendly manner.
Who are the CHAS assessors?
All CHAS Assessors are NEBOSH qualified, practicing health and safety professionals who also attend CHAS specific training on a regular basis. CHAS currently has a team of over 130 accredited assessors.
You can find out more about the CHAS scheme on the CHAS website.